Sunday, December 25, 2005

Merry Christmas


Hey everyone, I hope you all had a great Christmas day. I did. It was rather warm here in Williamsburg. This morning we all rolled out of bed around 9:00 and opened gifts. It was a good year. I got some stuff for my kitchen, some tools for work, and some books and music. We finished with gifts around 12:00 and went in to the dining room for our Christmas morning breakfast. We have a tradition of having home made cinnamon rolls and bacon for Christmas breakfast. After breakfast we each took turns taking our showers and cleaning up for the day. Then the whole family just sat and talked. We haven't done that for a whole year. It's kind of crazy. The last time the whole family was together for some leisure time was last Christmas.

We had our next tradition of Honey Baked Ham and Green Beans around 4:00. Some of Mom and Dad's friends came by at 6:00 and we had dessert and coffee. I drank way too much coffee which is why I am sitting here typing this right now. After they left I spent some time helping my older sister set up here new iBook and cleaning up Mom and Dad's computer. The whole family is slowly but surely converting to MAC. Long live the APPLE.

I think next year we will have Christmas in Colorado. I would like to have at least started if not finished building a house by then. I think it would be great.

This is probably my most random blog entry so far. Oh well, I guess I had better get some sleep tonight....

1 comment:

Sheila said...

Eric, relational stuff is never random and always appropriate. I'm so glad you were able to take time with your family for Christmas.