Sunday, January 01, 2006

Denver....

Well, I'm back. This sounds really weird but I actually missed Denver while I was gone for a whopping 7 days. Pretty pathetic isn't it.

Work is going really well. I am moving up into a management position as of today. I am in charge of all internal projects. This includes maintenance, manufacture, prep..... and all the other stuff that happens with gear before it leaves to go do a show. I am looking forward to my new role. I will still be doing shows but it won't be as rough as it has been. We are hiring a bunch more people which is awesome. I am going to be on salary which definitely has its benefits. I don't think I will have to work the absolutely insane hours that I have worked for the past six months. Though I do think I will miss working that much. I don't know why but that has always been fun for me.

I went with Aaron (the youth pastor at my church) up to Boulder for a new years party. It was kind of fun hanging out with a bunch of people I had never met before.

I have rediscovered the amazing invention called Legos. These things rock. I pulled my legos out of my storage unit the other day and I started playing around with them yesterday. It is amazing how many things you can make out of Legos.

My goal for this year is to eat out only twice a month and only go to the theater once a month. I am going to see how much money I can save by cutting down on unnecessary expenses. We will see how it goes.

I hate New Years Resolutions. You may have noticed that I said "my goal for this year" and not "My New Years Resolution". The concept of a resolution just seems completely unattainable for me. It sounds like do or die. I prefer to have a goal to reach rather than something a prohibitive as a Resolution.

That is my rant for the day.

Later.......

No comments: