Tuesday, January 24, 2006

The Best Laid Plans

This past week was nuts. Sunday, I went to church. Monday I went to work. Tuesday I went to work and then went and picked Britni up from the airport. Wednesday, Britni and I went all over Denver. We picked up her rental skiis, she bought a skirt, had lunch, went out to Red Rocks, and Barnes and Noble. We met up with Carisa at 7:45 and hung out till midnight. On Thursday we got up really early (5:30) and left for Keystone. We picked up Rudy around 6:45. We made it up to Keystone at 9:00. It had been snowing all day long. Driving a Nissan Maxima in the snow, in the mountains, in Colorado, during a winter advisory, is not advised. We skied all day, until one fateful run. I had stopped and Britni was about to stop when she fell over backwards and consequently tore her LCL and sprained her ankle. We spent the rest of the afternoon at the clinic. We left Keystone around 3:45 and made it back to Rudy's house by 6:00. Britni and I made it back to my apartment just in time for the roast beef that I had put in the crock pot to be done. I made the rest of the parts of dinner and we ate. I finally fell asleep that night around midnight. On Friday morning I had to be at work at 6:00 so I woke up at 4:30. I got about half an hour for lunch and worked straight through 3:00 the next 9:30 on Saturday so I woke up at 8:00. I worked all day through 11:00 that night. I fell asleep around 1:00 that night and had to wake up at 4:15 to take Britni to the airport. Needless to say I slept all day Sunday.

I had planned to have a nice relaxing time hanging out with friends and skiing but that only went so far as Thursday. As the saying goes, "The best laid plans of mice and men...." I don't remember the rest but we all know what it means.

Later.

No comments: