Friday, December 16, 2005

Life Lessons from the Slopes


I went skiing yesterday! I actually intentionally took a day off and went skiing. It was great. There were 8 inches of fresh powder on the slopes at Copper Mountain. The lift tickets normally cost $69 but I was able to find a grocery store that does discount lift tickets and I only paid $45. I borrowed skis, poles, and boots from a friend. I can't believe how perfect a day it was. It was sunny all day long, very little wind and great snow.

We were riding up the lift just after lunch and Aaron said, "I can't believe that anyone could see this and not believe in a creator". That got me to thinking. How true is it that anything that we observe or even inspect shows the perfection and creativity of God. I was thinking the other day about audio (seeing as that is my job) and realized that nothing has changed about the physics of audio since the beginning of time. The progress that has been made is due to people putting definitions to the laws of physics. Spiritual growth is kind of like that. We aren't creating something new each time we take a step of spiritual growth. We are just learning what the laws are and defining them appropriately.

All that said, Colorado skiing is just as good as everyone said it would be.

Till next time.....

3 comments:

RockStar Jones said...

you suck dude. I am so jealous!! I love skiing. Oh to live near the snow.

Shelly said...

Great observation - I can see the whole "God designed the laws" and how us defining them has allowed for all the advances. It's incredible - we can both be entertained and even healed by using our intellects and creativity when approaching things with a Christian world view. This is truly living. I'm glad to hear things are going so well - I think Jesse and I (at least) are comig up to your area in March, I'll give you a call when we're in the area.

Eric said...

That sounds great. I will be out of town off and on through March but if you give me some advance notice I can probably work something out.

E.