Sunday, November 26, 2006

Time and Traditions

I stayed in CO for Thanksgiving again this year. It's kinda funny how we all have traditions that create expectations. Then we move out from our parents houses and live on our own and start with nothing. Last year I went to Craig and Priscilla's house to celebrate Thanksgiving. It was fun. They have a few traditions that are very similar to what I grew up with. This year I went to Harold and Judy's house for Thanksgiving and it was a very different experience. It was fun but it wasn't the expectation I have developed over my years of life for a Thanksgiving celebration. All in all I had a good time. It just got a lot of thought started about traditions and holiday expectations.

In other news, long distance relationships are a pain in the butt. No, I am not saying they aren't worth it. I am just saying that it is tough. Everyday I wish I could see Britni when I get home from work. Everyday she wishes she could see me when she gets home from work. It is harder to talk things over because there are only words and nothing else. It is harder to get things done because we can't just get in the car and go look at tuxes. We have to do everything in baby steps. I am very task oriented. I like to get things done in the most efficient manner possible. This certainly isn't it. I am learning a lot about patience right now.

I think that is all that is on my mind right now. There might be more later but I have run dry.

_E_

No comments: