Friday, November 17, 2006

I'm Here

I am here in Des Moines right now. I don't think I could live here. It is a weird sort of cold. I really like Denver's weather a whole lot. Anyway, it's time for my update.

Wedding:

Things are going pretty well. Men's Wearhouse is a pain because what is on the website is not what is available in the store. The caterer hasn't had time to make a contract up, so I got on their case and said I have to have it by next Monday. The limo is scheduled. We might be changing our mind about the first night hotel room, but it's not like we would tell anyone were it is anyway. Ha-ha. I am waiting a little bit on Honeymoon arrangements to let some pricing settle down on a couple of things. Being this far out the pricing is not set in stone and I have a problem saying I will spend money without knowing how much.

Work:

Interesting. The usual response. I am learning a lot. Mostly about people. I am somewhat frustrated with one situation right now but it will work itself out. We have a lighting staff that is capable and will finally. I am somewhat relieved about that.

We had a DOT consultant come in and look at our trucking to help us with all of the laws and record keeping. Next thing I know Jesse, Harold, and I are the only ones who are qualified to drive any of the trucks. Colorado has a crappy law that says that you must have a commercial drivers license to drive any vehicle that has a USDOT number on the side of it. Then they have this other crappy law that says you must have a USDOT number on the side of every vehicle that is owned by a company. Big time PITA!! So now everyone has to go get their CDL and if they are going to go get their CDL it might as well be at least a class B. There are some people who will never be allowed to even try for a class A. The thought of some people towing a 53' trailer worth millions is absolutely mind numbing.





Life:

In general it is going pretty well. I am starting to pay down some debt finally. I can't wait to have it all paid off. Our goal is to have all of our "dirty" debt paid off in a year and a half. I am so tired of paying interest on things I don't even remember. I know this might be the kettle calling the pot black but just a little word of advise to all of you who read this.

If you won't die without it you can do without it. If you can't pay cash, don't pay at all. There is no such thing as "good debt" there is such a thing as debt.

That is the end of my tirade for the day.

Later

_E_

No comments: