Thursday, November 24, 2005

Laundry

When packing for a trip one must have enough clean clothes to actually pack in the first place. I have been so busy lately I haven't completed my laundry in about five weeks. I have been doing the obligatory loads so that I have the necessities of the clothing world but I have not actually had all of my clothes clean for about five weeks now. That, I decided, is completely unacceptable. I have vowed to not let laundry go uncompleted past any given Sunday. I have done 13 loads of laundry in the past 36 hours. Mom was right, the more you do sooner the less you will have to do later. I am proving that one for sure.

I am going to some friends house for Thanksgiving dinner. It will be interesting. I am the only one who will be there who is not a member of the family. I am curious to see you that will work out.


I need to buy a plane ticket to go to Mom and Dad's for Christmas. I can't believe how expensive tickets have become. It is ridiculous. Oh well, I guess that is the price of inflation.

Tomorrow morning Mike and I leave for Miami so you will not have anything new to read for a while. There will be plenty when I get back for sure. This will prove to be one eventfull trip.

b'de, b'de that's all folks

2 comments:

Dr. A said...

Pack Rat is selling underwear that is "breathable." You are supposed to only need 2 pairs, 1 to wear each day that you rinse out that night before going to bed. Supposedly it's made for heavy travlers. $18 a pop, but guaranteed not to ride up and get sweaty. Hmmmm....

Brett said...

It's capilene. Patagonia has been making it for years.

I did this on my trip to Turkey - wore 1 change of clothes and took 2 changes. Then I washed them in the sink. It was a bit of a hassle, but it was sure nice to pack really light.

It definitely won't keep you from getting sweaty - it's synthetic. It will breathe nicely when you do get sweaty, though.