Sunday, July 30, 2006

Vacation - The Great Dichotomy

Have you ever gone on vacation and wondered if you really went when you got back? I just did. I went to see my girlfriend (Yes, I, Eric Roa actually have a girlfriend now, more on that later) in Des Moines, Iowa. It was great. We got to relax and hang out and go out to a nice dinner. The typical stuff a vacation is made of. I left on Saturday July, 22 and returned on Wednesday July, 26. Not the longest vacation ever but one none the less. I received 17 phone calls on my cell phone while I was gone. Most of which were questions which could have been answered by other people. When I got back to my office the shop was a train wreck and I had 123 e-mails. arrrgh. It felt like I had never even gone on vacation by the end of my first day back in the office. Oh well. I guess that is the life of a manager.

So, about my girlfriend. Her name is Britni Nation. We have known each other for 7 years. We went to college together and have been very good friends ever since we first met. She came out to Denver to visit me back in January. We had a good time and we started talking more and more frequently. About a six weeks ago I asked her if she wanted to turn our friendship into a dating relationship. She said yes. We have been talking non-stop since then. There is a lot going on. I will post more as I can.

_E_

2 comments:

Our Family said...

Way to go, Mr. Eric! Mom and Dad are happy for both of you! Maybe one day I'll get to meet not only you, but Britni, too!
JJ Fisher

Sheila said...

Oh, I see. North to the girlfriend instead of south to see old friends. OK, I understand. : ) Way to go Eric!