Monday, May 01, 2006

Hip Hop and Classic Rock

Yes, the water debacle was cleared up. They screwed up, they fixed it and sent me a letter of apology. I think I might frame it.

This past week was a rather full one. On Wednesday we left the shop with two 53' tractor trailers loaded with gear for Kanye West. It was a decent show. We loaded in on Thursday morning. The show started at 7:00 with a group called "Black Violins" I mixed FOH for them and it was pretty good. Kanye took the stage at 8:15. I mixed the majority of the show because his FOH engineer liked what I was doing and needed to take care of some stuff for the next show. The show itself was rather boring but the whole production went pretty well. I will post some pictures in a while. I also have a time lapse of load in that I am hoping to post soon. I am still on the film thing so I have to get it developed.

On Friday we drove up to Colorado Springs and checked in to the Antlers Hilton. Mike went all the way back up to Denver to get the SL320. We met up at the hotel that night and went to dinner. Load in started at 5:30am on Saturday. The Doobie Brothers were pretty easy to take care of. They brought their own FOH and MON consoles and just tied in to our system. There were three opening acts, none of which were all that spectacular. They were all bands who had placed in the top three of the battle of the bands at the college. We started load out at 10:30 that night and I got to leave by 12:45. It was kind of nice. I was the only one who had been there all stinkin day so I got to leave before load out was done.

My Dad showed up in Colorado Springs around 5:00 that evening. He stayed around and watched the show. That night we stayed at the hotel in the springs and left on Sunday around noon to come back to Denver. The drive was pretty easy but man was I tired.

That is the rest of my life for now. Dad left today to go back to Williamsburg, VA. It was good to see him.

Gotta Go

1 comment:

Sheila said...

Hey, Eric. Help a girl out with some plain English or offer us some vocabulary lessons in this strange venacular of yours. FOH, MON, load out, backline, minor cluster, truss?